Get this app for:iPhone
Getting Started with AppifyWP
This section will show until you've created and assigned a custom menu and will help guide you in setting up your AppifyWP powered site.
Step1) Configure the AppifyWP Settings
- Configure AppifyWP Settings. Here you'll be able to do things like:
- Add your app's icon
- Choose the platforms that your app supports and add screenshots, description, and download urls for each.
- Add links to your Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Customize the background color and texture of your site
Step2) Build out the sections of your homepage
Each section of content on your homepage is treated as a “page” in wordpress. This getting started guide is a section of content. "Posts" is another section.
For example, if you want one section to show your app's version history, and another section to show customer testimonials, you create 2 pages, one for “Version History”, and one for “Testimonials”.
Once you've created pages of your sections, you use "Menus" to tell AppifyWP what sections to show on your homepage and in which order.
- Get started creating pages in the "Pages" section of the admin.
Step3) Create a custom menu
This is where the magic of AppifyWP happens. With a custom menu, you tell Wordpress which pages you want to display as sections of content on your homepage and in which order to display them. AppifyWP will build a fancy menu and display your page content based on this.
- Create a custom menu
- Assign that menu as your primary menu.
- AppifyWP comes pre-loaded with two custom page templates. Use the "Template" dropdown menu when creating a page to take advantage of the following:
- The "Contact Form" template will populate the section with a beautiful and bulletproof contact form for your visitors to send you a message. Emails will be sent to the email address you provided when setting up wordpress. Forget about a captcha, you won't get spam emails with this.
- The "Blog Preview" template will populate the section with the 5 most recent blog posts, like you see below.
If you have any questions at all, contact me personally using the support form.